One of South Florida’s largest credit unions donated nearly $50,000 toward charities that serve minority and diverse communities in South Florida. Celebrating its 70th year in business, Pembroke Pines-based Power Financial Credit Union awarded on July 2 over $7,000 to each of the organizations.
- The Advocacy Network on Disabilities based in Kendall, which advocates for the rights of disabled people
- Weston-based Jason Taylor Foundation, which creates programs for South Florida’s children
- Fort Lauderdale-based Take Stock in Children, a nonprofit that mentors low-income students
- SAVE Foundation based in Miami, which advocates against LGBTQ discrimination
- Tequesta-based Shifting Gears United, which offers programs for disabled people in multi-adapted sports
- Delray Beach-based Achievement Centers for Children and Families, a nonprofit serving low-income families
- Fort Lauderdale-based LifeNet4Families, which helps those experiencing hunger, homelessness and poverty in Broward County
For the full story, please click here.